- Student Services
- Current Students
- External link header
- External link test new window
- PDF direct path link test new tab permanent
- PDF perm link test same tab temp
- Welcome & Support Resource Center
- Welcome Statement
- Academic Counseling
- Career and Job Services
- ELAC High School Initiative
- Financial Aid
- Prospective Students
- Foster and Kinship Care
- International Students
- Assessment Center
- New Students Welcome Center
- Student Activities
- Student Conduct
- Student Discipline
- Student Resources
- Transfer Center
- Veteran Services
What is ASU?
The Associated Student Union (ASU) is the official Student Government of East Los Angeles College. The ASU board is made up of Executive officers, and Senators which seek to represent its' constituents. ASU advocates the needs of the student body at the College, District, and State levels. We encourage student involvement and participation in the Student Government. Do you know who is reprensenting you at East Los Angeles College Student Government? Click here to get to know who the Executive Board for ASU 2018 - 2019, that advocates for you as a student. Want to be part of the Student Government? ASU currently has Senator positions available, click here to download application.
Who can join?
All registered students at East Los Angeles College can join by paying the member fee of $7.00 Fall/Spring ASU fee. ($3.00 for Winter/Summer sessions). Membership supports the activities of the ASU and other student organizations including campus clubs.
What are the benefits of becoming an ASU member?
- 30 copies per semester
- Snacks during finals week
- Community discount card
- Promotional items at ASU events
- Flash drive for Dean/President's list
- 30 scantrons/green books (Fall/Spring)
- 15 scantrons/green books (Summer/Winter)
- Entrance at ELAC football/basketball games
- Book Rental Program
- ASU Scholarships (Fall/Spring)
- Access to ASU parking structures, with paid parking permit
- Discounted coffee at Husky Grab and Go (Main Campus only)
*Student ID required with ASU sticker to access ASU benefits*
*While supplies last*
ASU is located in Main Campus East Los Angeles College on building Campus Student Center in Student Activities Office F5-212
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (323) 265-8742
Friday, April 19th 2019. Registration begins at 8 a.m. in front of MPR in F5 building.
Make sure to not miss out and RSVP click here to reserve your spot.
Make sure to take advantage of being and ASU member!
- FREE flashdrives for President/Dean Honor list for Fall/Spring
- 30 FREE mixture of Scantrons and Greenbooks
- Take adavantage of the ASU textbook Rental Program
ASU-General-Elections-Flyer-19-20 Be part of Student Government and run for a position President, Executive VP, VP of Finance, VP of Public Relations, VP of Advocacy, VP of Advocacy, VP of South Gate, Treasurer, Secretary and Chief Delegate.
Applications available at Main Campus F5-212 or South Gate Campus front desk/ ASU cubicle #4, or click here to download.
Join us! Get involved!
Hours and Contact
East Los Angeles College
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Campus Student Center Building
Student Activities Office F5-212
South Gate Campus
2340 Firestone Blvd
South Gate, CA 90280
ASU Cubicle #4
(323) 265 - 8742
Spring Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM